Monday, August 24, 2009

It was the best of times....

Please tell me why the best of times seem to happen mostly when you are about to leave? I leave school for the summer and all of the sudden I am super busy doing a zillion things with my friends before we part ways for about 4 months. I leave for school tomorrow and the past 2 1/2 weeks have been the best of the entire summer.

I went to Fire and Ice in Boston with 2 of my girl friends. We got dolled up and had A BLAST. I LOVE the night life in Boston. I love Boston. This we all know.

I went to Block Island (off the coast of Rhode Island) with my mom for a day. AWESOME.

Went to Boston again with my gramps for good food, MFA, Boston Public Library, and the U.S.S. Constitution.

Tonight though, was probably the BEST day of the entire summer and, of course, it's the last day before I leave for school. LAME. Why do we do this to ourselves? Why do we put off the good times???? IT'S RIDICULOUS! First I met up with a friend who has been in Poland for two years. While it had its awkward moments (2 years-he's changed, I've changed, lots to catch up on and yet no idea where to begin...), it was SO awesome to see him and talk to him again! Then I zipped home, threw on my swimming suit and headed over to a family friend's house for dinner with some of my pals. We played with their kids and HAD A BLAST. OH my gosh it was fun! Then we headed to the beach to catch the a w e s o m e waves...thank you Hurricane Bill! It was SO fun. And sadly, that was the first time I had gone allllll the way in the Atlantic this summer. I am pathetic. Afterwards the younger people went over to another person's house where we ate snacks and played Rockband for a few hours and then chatted. I mean it was the best day ever. Lame. I know I'll have a blast! at school, but sometimes it seems days like today cannot be topped.

EPIC night. EPIC. I love my friends and my life. It just doesn't get much better than what I've got! Yay!

And yet...I didn't get any packing done. Tomorrow will be a long day. Oh well! Hooray for school!

No comments: