Thursday, April 15, 2010

Sweet Caroline

It's the middle of the 8th inning. A pause in the crowd. And a tradition continues.

Oh yes fans, that would be "Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond blasting on the speakers. Ooooh sweet, sweet music to my ears.

There are fewer things that I enjoy more than watching a sports game with friends. Basketball, of course, ranks (uncontested) as my #1 favorite sport. EVER. #2, #3, and #4--not in any particular order--are baseball, soccer, and football.

I had the pleasure this evening and taking a break from my hard studies--by the pool sunbathing (I know rough life as a senior)--to watch the BYU baseball team host TCU with my pals Stephanie, her husband Matthew, and Erinn. I loved it!!!

I'm not usually a fan of hecklers at sports games. Mostly because they often go waaaay too far and after about 2 minutes become really obnoxious. Tonight, however, was the exception. The heckler three rows down was hilarious. I giggled for most of the 7th and 8th innings and nearly started to cry from laughing so hard. Kudos to this guy because he was funny. Thank you for making the game enjoyable. And I don't really feel bad because TCU creamed us. Still funny.

Erinn pointed out that we probably have one of the most beautiful baseball stadiums in the country. I agree. A backdrop of the Wasatch Mountains at dusk is pretty spectacular to look at. And no I didn't take this picture....sorry!

Anyways the moral of this post: I've come to the conclusion that I was born to work in sports. I have to. If you know anything about me, you know I have slightly ridiculous passion for the athletics. Thus, I am determined to be a sports dietitian.

Until then, I'm off to study (hahahaha...good one) watch ESPN, ESPN2, Sports Center, and NESN. Go Sox!

No comments: