Sunday, July 27, 2008

sunday scribblings: solace

When I think of "solace" I think of a place or person that I go to to find peace, comfort, security, reassurance, strength.

I find solace....

......at the beach---I have 3 favorite places I love to go where I can sit on enormous rocks or land bridges, stare out at the ocean, breathe in the salty air, listen to the waves and seagulls and think, vent, cry, laugh, ponder, breathe, just exist. I think the ocean is my favorite place in the world and even though it doesn't really ever change, it's still so peaceful and soothing.

......in my room---It's my own space where I can do what I want. I love the colors, the smells, the set up, the view, the light, the history, the memories, everything.

......in my car driving---again it's my own space where I can listen to what I want as loud as I want and just drive and think.

......in my closest, most trustworthy friends---I've learned quickly that I can be too trusting too quickly. I'm not one who likes to completely expose or divulge my pain, frustrations, secrets, etc. to just anyone so when I do, I like to seek solace in my dearest friends who will simply listen and just let me be me.



No comments: