Monday, August 18, 2008

road trip

In one week I will be on my very first road trip, cross country road trip that is. I'm quite excited. I feel all grown up doing this and I'm excited to be having two of my dearest friends along with me!!! I predict great memories, laughs, conversations, and just a good time. I can't wait!

At the same time....
I'm so, so, so, sad to be leaving. This always happens to me. I'm sad to leave Utah and school to come home for the summer and then I'm torn to leave New England for Utah in August. If I had to choose which is worse, it'd be leaving New England. I really only enjoy Utah for my friends, the social scene, and school is usually a pretty fascinating time. New England is a lot...deeper. It's my HOME. It's part of who I am. I love the people here. I love New Englanders-stubborn, hard-working, loyal, and true friends. Once you've penetrated that "outer shell" people often describe New Englanders as having, you've gained a friend, a family member for life. At least that's how I feel about New England. I've been pretty spoiled. I also love the scenery-the ocean, the mountains, the trees, the flowers, the old houses and towns. OH man I LOVE the history! And Boston. I think I'm meant to live in Boston even if it's just while I do an internship or for a year or two. I just have to live there. I've fallen madly in love with Boston. The juxtaposition of the old with the new. It's such a beautiful city. I wanted to just go explore the city one day this summer by myself but never got around to it (curse working all the time!).

So here I am again. Getting ready to go back to school, excited to be seeing friends, starting my classes (I'm a senior!!! Well, I won't graduate until 2010 but still...the end is in sight!!!), making new friends, etc. However, a piece of me is always broken when I have to leave this heaven, my New England family. I plan to dart back here pretty much the day I graduate.

And trust me, alllllll of my friends at school know that I am a New Englander, I make sure.
:) :) :)
Utah here I come.

No comments: