Sunday, March 14, 2010

I'm feeling a bit....

....cheeky.

I love fun words like swell, peachy, stupendous, and the like. Today's word is cheeky. I'm feeling a bit cheeky.

I chose this picture for cheeky because doesn't she
look sassy (my synonym for cheeky)??? Plus she's cooking
AND has red head. Hello that has Gabe written all over it!

What ever for?

I don't really know. Maybe it's because I cracked last night at Wal-Mart at 11:30pm and bought myself a 12-pack of caffeinated Diet Coke. See that crazed look on this kid's face? That would be me when I spotted the Diet Coke, squatted in the middle of the aisle and crawled underneath to dig out my caffeinated DC. Wal-Mart tried to hide it but failed. Yes, squatted and crawled. My roommate must have thought I was crazy. I love it. Not addicted, but I love Diet Coke. I'm not a huge fan of soda but when I want one, DC please.

Speaking of coke. Have you ever made a Mentos-Coke bottle rocket? NO?!?!? You HAVE got to try it. It's soooo fun. I have. Actually I did it on a date one time and it rocked. You really must try it. Live a little. Just do it!

Or maybe I'm feeling a little cheeky because my pal Lindsey and I made rice crispy pops today (sans the popsicle sticks, so really just rice crispy balls). Huh?, you may say. Rice crispy treats rolled into balls and dipped in chocolate. YUM. I've eaten at least 5. I know, healthy dinner huh?

Or perhaps it's because of Daylight Savings Time completely throwing off my groove. I went to bed at 2am, or really 3am, and then woke up at 12pm or really 11am. It takes me a week to get used to it. Right now it's 12:06am, which means it's REALLY 11:06pm and I'm NOT tired. And did you realize this morning at 2am we didn't get to experience 2am? We went from 1:59am to 3am. How rude to exclude 2am. Who chose to skip 2am? Why? Rude.

OR perhaps I'm a tad cheeky because I've been listening to some smooth Jazz, namely Melody Gardot. I love her song "Baby I'm a Fool" and I watched "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" (childhood favorite) and love how Millie is a powerhouse of woman.

I think it may also have to do with the fact that I painted my nails today. I nice cheeky shade of pink. BRIGHT pink. It's actually called Times Square, which makes me think of cities and the image that immediately comes to mind is the opening scenes in so many movies of NYC, Paris, or the like and some sweet jazz tune playing. Then I think of Audry Hepburn, Old Blue Eyes, and jazz clubs. I want to go to a real jazz club someday. Listening to jazz music always makes me daydream of being a city gal, a chic, sassy girl strutting down the street with a scarf around my neck and a nice pair of shades covering my peepers, a splash of perfume, and I'm off somewhere important with a nice pair of heels on my polished toes. Someday.

[Also it's my friend Nate's birthday tomorrow and I'm playing a ROCKIN' celebration on Friday. Two words: Scavenger Hunt. I love birthdays. LOVE them. It's also my brother's birthday on Thursday. The big 21!!!]

Except, my cheekiness is more than likely attributed to the fact that I'm a senior, experiencing a severe case of senioritis and in need of a spring break. Or even a 3-day weekend. SOMETHING. Also I'm a huge advocate of change at the moment. Atypical for me because usually I'm a creature of routine habits. DON'T ruin my routine. I'm also fed up with stupid people. You know what I'm talking about, don't pretend to be all shocked. Stupid, self-centered, ignorant, inconsiderate fools. All I have to say is, you're mother would be ashamed of you! And then she'd drag you by the ear and give you a good whippin'. And you deserve it. April can't come soon enough.

But I also think part of feeling cheeky comes with a nice dose of carelessness, a splash of confidence, a pinch of boldness, a a smidgen of spontaneity, a dash of dare, and a spot of mischief.....so, beware.....heeheehee

No comments: