Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sometimes this is all that gets me through my day

I like quotes, a lot. I find words to be a quick, yet powerful source of inspiration and motivation. This is one quote (of many scattered on sticky notes and index cards about my bedroom and apartment) that hangs in my bedroom mirror, and often, is the boost I need to get through a day:


Don't demand things that are unreasonable. But, demand of yourself improvement. As you let the Lord help you through that, He will make the difference."
-Elder Russell M. Nelson 

Today was a great day. I got to see a lot of patients by myself, go to meetings on my own, and pretty much do own my thing. It was scary and I felt a little unsure and at times lost, scared, and unprepared but, that's how you learn and it certainly builds up my confidence, slowly but surely. I got to hang out with some amazing people. It's true, what they say about surrounding yourself with good people and good friends. I'm incredibly blessed with amazing people who I get to surround myself with. I'm making some delightful friends here and it just makes me so happy. I'm elated. Friends are wonderful. Saturday I am going to the movies, lunch, and shopping with the girls from work and I am so excited. Tonight I watched the animated film "Rio" with some new friends. Have you seen it? I had not seen it before this evening and it was great! I was laughing and giggling the whole time. I'd recommend it!
Picture from here

Now, my Celtics have made an incredible comeback against the Orlando Magic so I'm off to watch them finish off the Magic (muah ahaahah!). Last night was the first night since I've moved here that I slept through the entire night (I sound like a baby) without waking up to see what time it was. THANK GOODNESS. Must have been that great chat with Clary (relaxing and therapeutic) and that run (another reason to exercise--you sleep better!!!). 

No comments: