Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I am official.

Officially in the south that is. 



Ladies and Gents, friends, dear readers, I have officially been christened into the south.
No. Not shrimp and grits (yet). 
 I have partaken from the Chick-Fil-A. 


The original number 1, with waffle fries (OHMYLANTUS I love waffle fries!) and a cookies and cream shake, WITH the original Chick-Fil-A sauce and Polynesian sauce (which is my favorite one so far). It was pretty tasty. I was accompanied by my new, dear friend and Chick-Fil-A expert, Gloria. Actually I went to Chick-Fil-A last week with some friends AND because it was my first time in the store (everyone gasped, looked at me with wide eyes as though I had asked what a Chick-Fil-A was or what a potato chip was or something crazy like that) the manager gave me free ice cream. Is it bad that I prefer McDonald's vanilla cone? Probably but don't smite me. Those cones are yummmmmmmmmmy. 


Anyway, I promised Gloria I would not partake of Chick-Fil-A until I was with her and true to my word, I did not order anything! So today we went. And I got a similar reaction when Gloria told them it was my first time: shock, utter amazement, awkward silence...and then....an onslaught of suggestions of sauces and numbers and on and on. I kept it cool and simple and went with the original. I love waffle fries and they were pretty tasty. They gave me my shake first and trust me, I was about 1/4 down with that thing by the time we got our food. I don't mess around with sweets. Ever. Yum. Yum! Yum! Yum! Next time I will get the nuggets. Not the strips, the nuggets. And maybe a different sauce. Maybe. 


Chick-Fil-A: check. Next?




P.S. I BOUGHT MY TICKET HOME IN JUNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HECK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh, I love me so Chick-Fil-A! DEFINITE plus of being in the south!

Shannon Gish said...

Chik-Fil-A is a Gish favorite and if there is one around, the only fast food place we eat from.

Countin' down 'til June!