Saturday, April 21, 2012

Warm Rain

I love warm rain. Love it. Sometimes I really enjoy rainy days and today is one of those days. It's warm, a little humid, and rainy with thunder and lightning. I just love it. I'm sitting at my table with a cup of peppermint tea (more on this later), with my windows and my balcony door open to take in all the glory this storm has to offer. Plus it's cooling down outside and I'm happy. I'm not ready for 80s and sunny and humidity just yet. Perfect.

I slept in today, which was divine. I was going to force myself and go to yoga or to the gym but as I was chatting with the yoga studio owner yesterday she said I should always listen to my body and this morning when my alarm went off my body sternly said, "Let me sleep, please." So I did and I'm so glad. I brought my car in for an oil change, which was a bit of an ordeal. I don't like dealerships and the only reason I went there is because my car is under warranty. The people there are a little snooty and a tad rude. Not a fan. Plus the girl at the service desk gave me attitude when they checked my filter and it was dirty. She made a point of even showing me, like I did it on purpose!!!! Ok, I admit she probably just wanted to show me to prove that I really did need a new one, which I agreed, but, do not speak to me like I'm an idiot or a child. Replace it and get me out of here. Geez. 

After that I decided I was going to browse Home Goods for fun. I love this store. It is such a good store for kitchen stuff and home decor, and for incredible deals. Then I went to World Market for the first time ever. I wasn't impressed until I got to the food section, of course, and then I was overwhelmed (in the best possible way) and delighted and excited and my mind took off with fun things to cook and I was beaming with happiness. They even carry Ghirardelli chips in 30oz. bags!!!! SCORE!!!! I almost bought some but then I realized I had just replenished my jar and my freezer stock so I'm good to go for a bit. Here are the treasures I found today:
Brown Jasmine Rice
Red Curry (which I will eat over my jasmine rice with shrimp)
Butternut Squash sauce (I'm thinking I might pour this over gnocchi tomorrow)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil for a steal of a price!!!
Dried red chili peppers (I'm building my supply of herbs and spices)
Dried rosemary
AN ORANGE TEA KETTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A yellow cup (which I have designated as my tea cup because everyone must have one. I don't drink coffee so I don't have a coffee cup and I feel left out. Until now!)
Cucumber and Olive Oil soap (the fragrance is incredible and I had to have it)


I'm not going to lie, this is my favorite purchase of the day. I think it goes nicely with my persimmons KitchenAid, don't you agree?

And despite the fact that it might be a tad warm for tea, I had to test out my cheery new kettle and teacup. Please note the steam-cool huh??
I love days like today!

No comments: