Friday, April 20, 2012

It's Friday.

I'm warning you now, this post might be all over the place. 

I got a new laptop! Finally! My other laptop served me well for 8 years. I'm kind of a sentimental goob and I feel like a traitor with my new laptop...but I'm also excited to be movin' on up in the technology world. I mean who evens uses Windows XP anymore? I joke (because I still do at work). Plus, this pup has a webcam which means I can skype my friends!!!!! YAY!!!!

Speaking of work. I get to do monthly nutrition chats/activities with my acute rehab floor and this week it was on diabetes. I didn't really plan anything fancy (aka no treats...) because a) I didn't have a lot of time to prepare and b) we have a turnover of patients so when I set the date and topic, I really had no idea how many diabetic patients I would have and what their cognition would be like (we do get traumatic brain injuries, stroke patients, and their cognition can sometimes be a little shaky when they are with us. But don't worry! When they leave they are on the blissful road to a bright recovery (usually...)). Anyway. It went surprisingly well. I was happy. Then I was charting on a patient and Dr. W strolled in and told me to walk down to the solarium and I asked why and he said the cutest kid in the world was visiting. His 4-year old popped in with Dr. W! So I practically skipped down the hall and there he was playing with this car toy thing. I'm not even going to explain it. We started playing together and became buddies. He gave me a (very good) high five. After about 10 minutes I told him I had to go back to work and he said very nonchalantly, "No. You stay here and play with me." How do you say no to that? Well, I certainly didn't and we continued to play, which really consisted of him telling me what to do and me obeying. He is sooooooo cute!!!!

I set a goal as part of my attempts to be healthy to get at least 7 hours of sleep per night. Epic failure. I think about 4 times this week I have gotten ~5 hours. No dice. I have got to work on that. In fact, I came home from work and plopped on the couch to finish a book when I feel asleep for about 45 minutes and almost missed yoga. I almost didn't go to yoga even because I've felt so crummy but I told myself I would feel even worse sitting on the couch for the rest of the evening. I'm glad I went. 

So I've spent my evening planning on what kind of sauce I am going to make for the homemade gnocchi I'm making this weekend--Sunday I've decided--while transferring all my music from my old computer to my new one. PAINFULLY. LONG. PROCESS. I have something like *cough* 12GB *cough* of music so it's taking a while. Anyway, back to a sauce. I'm going to keep it simple and that's all I will say. 

And let's see. Yup I think that's it. EXCEPT. I got a little unexpected package in the mail (my favorite) yesterday with this in it...

Love it.
I have named him Louie. 
I hugged him and buried my nose in it and smelled home. 
And New England. I can't wait for June.

I'm exhausted so now I am going to bed.

No comments: