Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Kitchen Creations...and other random things

So. I made the asparagus wrapped in prosciutto stuffed with goat cheese and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. It needs a shorter name. Then again, who cares because it's SO DELICIOUS. A tad salty but ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ma lantus it's good. 



We are feeling a little of the wrath of Hurricane Isaac here in South Carolina. Torrential downpours. Flood warnings.
It's an experience.

This picture was taken by my friend who was in Charleston yesterday. People were kayaking, canoeing, and get this, even wakeboarding through downtown Charleston. Whaaaat??? 

This I took on my way home from work today. 
My windshield wipers were wiping as fast as they could and I was still scared. 
My friend Anna and I were going to head to a sports bar to watch the Pats-Giants game but she called me in hysterics because all of the roads were flooded and she almost lost her car. The water was up to her tires. Geez.

And when I got home I had a package waiting for me.

When I was home in June I was introduced to Boden. My darling niece Anna (ok I still giggle with excitement when I say that) pointed out a dress she thought I would love and she was right. This girl has style, let me tell you. It was a little out of my price range. BUT. A few weeks ago I logged onto their site and what did I find? It was ON SALE (one of my favorite phrases). So naturally I pounced on that.
Photo
Iloveit. Holy catscans I love it. Empire waists and A-line skirts are my favorite!



So. The staff at work has been complaining because I haven't brought in treats in a few weeks and since my evening plans were cancelled I decided to make peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. And I decided to try out the PB2 in place of the peanut butter. And I substituted some of the butter with Greek yogurt. And I didn't have Ghiradelli semi-sweet chocolate chips so I had to use Hershey's milk chocolate *hangs head in shame*

To be honest. I am not terribly impressed. The peanut butter taste is lacking. They are bland. Drats. So I added some the real stuff--smooth peanut butter--to the last couple of batches of cookies in hopes that this helps. We'll see. 

Some times healthier cookies just are not worth it to me. 
I shouldn't have messed with this recipe. 
I failed the staff.

Lesson learned. It's the thought that counts right?
(Let's hope the staff think the same...)

P.S. I'm watching "Royal Pains" and Hank just said, "Done and done." That's my phrase!! Cool!

1 comment:

kayla said...

that asparagus looks wonderful!!!