Friday, November 30, 2012

And now...

I'd like to interrupt my slow-as-molasses blogging about my trip to California for the 411 on my week. 

Let's begin with Monday. I woke up at 5am, turned on my side to see what time it was and all of the sudden felt that weird sensation of post-nasal drip. Or so I thought. Turns out, for the first time in I don't know how many years, I had a bloody nose. I was out of my bed and in the bathroom in a flat 0.89 seconds. So after successfully sticking tissue up my nose, pinching my nose, and praying it would stop so I could go back to bed, I hopped into bed, propped my pillows so I was sitting up and tried to fall asleep. Well, I did, kind of. My alarm went off and again I turned over to shut it off and the blood came gushing out. Sick. And on a Monday!!! FOR. THE. LOVE. For the entire day, I had the urge to sneeze and was afraid I would spew blood everywhere. A little later in the day my nose starting leaking again. I thought I was going to have to hole myself up in my office but thankfully it stopped. Embarrassing...

I have somehow tumbled off of the running bandwagon and it's really been frustrating for me. Except I ran an 8:36 pace for my 10K Turkey Trot, and that's after slacking on consistent running so that made me feel a little better. I'm just really lacking in motivation. Well, I was. Yesterday I went and got some new running kicks. It was VERY exciting! I went to a local running store with my friend Amy and got fitted for running shoes. First let me just tell you, Amy is awesome. She is a legit runner, my mentor in many ways, and patiently helps me try to get better. She also brought me a yuuuummy salted caramel hot chocolate from Starbucks and it was about 157% better than the one I got when we went to Charleston. What a great way to begin the day! Back to the running shoes; I was so giddy. Like a 4 year old. I tried on a few different pairs and finally chose these new beauties: 
My first pair of REAL running shoes: New Balance Barringer 890. Ahhhhhhhh so cool! 
I've never had New Balance shoes before so this is doubly exciting!

So, I took them for a spin yesterday and it was amazing. They are so light. I felt like I was running on squishy, comfy, wonderfulness. Bliss I tell you, bliss! I didn't look at the clock when I left so I have no idea how fast I was, but I ran 4.5 miles and it felt great. So, looks like I'm climbing back onto the wagon. I'm hoping to break my half marathon PR in February. We'll see. Running in the cold is a little intimidating for me, but I'm excited. And let's face the facts for 3.5 seconds: I live in South Carolina and it's not exactly that cold here. Though, I am acclimating...wimp. 

Last night I went to my first Barre class and it was interesting. It was a mix of aerobics and ballet. I liked it and I feel a bit sore today, but I'm not sure it's for me. We'll see. I have a 3-class pass so we'll see. 

But the best news of the day is...it's Friday. And that means Froyo Friday at Orange Leaf so I'll be having froyo for lunch for $5!!!! YES. YES! YES! YES! And then I'm going to yoga with one of my yogi friends. AND Amy, who is on her way to the Bahamas for a 4 day cruise, has left her beloved Garmin watch for me to use while she is gone. I am SO excited to use it!!!! 

And now I am watching the show finale of Boy Meets World on TV (I have today off) and it makes me a little teary-eyed! Did you know they are doing a spin-off called Girl Meets World about Cory and Topanga's daughter?!?! I hope it's to par with Boy Meets World. Those are some big shoes to fill. 

Oh and P.S.: For those of you who have been sharing my frustrations about the stupid photo limit had some difficulties uploading pictures because you've reached your quota, I think I figured it out, or at least a way around it. When you try to upload pictures, there is the "From Picasa Web Album" option. Well, I just uploaded pictures I wanted to post to a new album on Picasa's website and it allowed me to upload them to my blog using that option instead of the usual "Upload" and then choosing pictures from my computer. Give it a try!

No comments: