Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Pearly Whites

I realize that I might be standing in a very small group here, but I love going to the dentist. I do. 
Even though I've lived in South Carolina for almost a year, I haven't changed over to a new dentist and so I decided to make an appointment while I was home. I like my dentist. He's a jolly guy and really cool so I thought I'd pay him one more visit before I will probably have to switch over. Sad. Anyway, I was pleased to hear my pearly whites are in good shape, though I do have to go back tomorrow morning to replace a filling that is coming loose. I'm actually, and I realize this makes me potentially very odd, excited. Anything that improves or protects my health excites me. Working in a hospital makes me appreciate a lot of things, as you might expect, and among them is good health. Plus I've been watching this filling and I had some suspicion it needed to be replaced at some point in the near future. And, one of my biggest fears is losing my teeth. I'm 100% serious. I have nightmares about losing my teeth where I wake up in a panic and feel my teeth to make sure they are all there. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it is a horrible experience. So, now that you all know about my feelings and current dental status....

I am home. I am so happy. Blissful. Ecstatic. Perfectly content. I love every single thing about New England. I love the people. I am so happy and I miss it so much. It's nice to be back and I am drinking up every moment. It snowed shortly after I got here and even though the snow has melted (stupid rain), it looks like winter and I think there is a beauty to each season (and since SC doesn't exactly have 4 distinct seasons, I am loving it). I take my dog on walks in the woods behind our house and we stop when we hit the lake and then trek back. It's splendid. I've eaten freshly caught lobster. I've cruised through some of my old stomping grounds and hang outs. Walked around some of my favorite villages. I've seen friends who are family to me. Tomorrow we are going to BOSTON and I am bursting with joy and excited. My city. YAY! I still haven't stuck my feet in the North Atlantic but that's on the agenda. Boy oh boy do I love New England. It sure does my heart and soul good to be here.  

1 comment:

Lacey said...

Aww that sounds like an awesome place to live! I would love to visit New England.

And yeah, I totally don't get you with the whole dentist thing, haha! I hate going there. I wish I loved it though, it would be so much more enjoyable :P