Sunday, June 29, 2014

Ready...set...craziness!!!

Holy catscans. HOLY catscans. This next month and a half are going to be craaaaazy.

We're moving. Yes. FINALLY. THANK THE STARS!!! HALLELUJAH!!! HOOORAY!!! WAHOOO!!!

So, in August...we're moving to WA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Friends, I'm SO excited!!!! I'm pretty antsy and anxious to get there. San Angelo has been fun and we've made the most of it...but I am SO ready to bust out of here. So now the hunt for a house and a job, and the (DREADED) packing begins. BUT HAPPY DAY!!! SEASONS! WATER! A COASTLINE NOT TOO FAR! HOOOOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of coastline...over Memorial Day weekend we headed to Galveston, TX. It was a blast. We toured the harbor, saw dolphins, toured an old ship, ate TONS of seafood, did touristy stuff, went to the beach, and ate more and more and more seafood. It was a wonderful vacation and it was delightful to see the ocean again. And the seafood...goodness gracious I could live off of shrimp for the rest of my life. So, we brought 3 pounds back home with us! 












Then, two weekends ago I headed to Tucson to see one of my best friends get married! 

It was fabulous and so fast! Everything was wonderful! I was honored to be asked to do Clary's flowers for her. Oh my goodness it was A BLAST!!!!!!!!!!! I love floral design!!


And it was SO fun to see lots of old friends! 




AND, in exciting news, beginning August 4th, I will be going full-time at the flower shop until we move (which sadly, may not be very long). We're still waiting on final dates of when we have to leave San Angelo and report to Spokane. Regardless, I'm delighted! I'm hoping to find a floral design/flower shop job in Spokane to continue to learn and develop my skills. I love it so! 

We'll be heading to Dallas for the Fourth and I can't wait! Then in a couple of weeks I'll be visiting one of my other best friends, Amy, in Myrtle Beach. I'm wicked excited to see Amy and the beach again, and we've already made plans of what we're going to do (most have to do with food! Ha!)! 

And, I again can't tell you enough how excited I am to get to Washington. I've already have made plans to see Seattle (never been), Portland and the Oregon coast, northern California, and have made lists of places to see in Spokane, places to eat, and things I'd like to do. Spokane I can't wait to see you!!!!!!!!!!! If you have suggestions of places to see, things to do, etc., please do share!

So, on to house hunting, job searching, and...packing....we go! 

2 comments:

Sara said...

If you need a place to stay while visiting Portland, we have a spare bedroom :)

Anonymous said...

Gabe the flowers were beautiful!! Nice job :) I read your story about the new assignment in Spokane on the edge of my seat! Excited for you two and hope you will enjoy your time in WA.
Love,
Kris