Sunday, September 7, 2014

Spokane

We made it! We've been here for a few weeks now and it's been crazy. Our house was built in 1908 and the location is FAB.U.LOUS. The first 10 days were pretty rough, stressful, and tense but things have gotten better (We were NOT impressed with the condition the house we are renting was in: hair in the bathtub, REALLY?, poor painting job, poor landscaping (they told me to turn on the water and then proceeded to fail to water our lawn=torched lawn=mad Mark and Gabe), NO HOT WATER FOR 10 DAYS...just to name a few things). It's been a bit rough for me because I kind of have a job, as if I was given an unofficial offer, but because it's with the VA, I've been told they take a bit longer with the hiring process/background checks so while I wait for an official offer, I have been kind of restless...and without a paycheck...and that's stressful. 

Anyway. All is ok for now because my mom is here so that pretty makes everything about 874 times better!!!!! Sadly she's leaving tomorrow but in the meantime we've come up with ideas to glam up a few rooms, she's helped me rehang some things, has given me tons of suggestions and ideas, and helped Mark and I paint our bedroom and caulk. Hey-she told me to put her to work so we did! Pics and more to come later. 

No comments: