Friday, October 23, 2009

Motivation, Inspiration

These past few days have been interesting. I got back from a fabulous adventure in Denver at the Food and Nutrition Conference and Expo (FNCE). It's one huge conference for dietitians and other medical practitioners. I left soaring, feeling invincible and giddily excited for my future in dietetics. Then I came back to school, assignments, chores, bills, etc. Blah. It's been a stressful week. It's REALLY crunch time at school. I worry about my family and hope they are doing well and wish I could be there for them instead of 2500 miles away. There is a certain someone in my life that remains an embedded thorn in my side and this person has stabbed me yet again. You'd think by now I'd be numb to this stabbing, but I'm not.

It being a Friday night and all, I thought I'd feel stupid being cooped up in my room, but I don't. I decided to take a break and read a blog one of my best friends recommended to me. Nie is amazing and reading about her and her life is humbling. She survived a near fatal plane accident. Her story is inspiring. You should go read it.

One of her posts began with this quote:

There is in every true woman's heart a spark of heavenly fire,
which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity, but which
kindles up and beams and blazed in the dark hour of adversity.
-Washington Irving

I do love quotes. I love this one at this particular time when I am freaking out (probably excessively and prematurely) about a lot of things, being selfish, and trying to ignore the annoying thorn in my side.


Thanks Nie, for reminding me about the important things.

*I talked to my mom for an HOUR on the phone today. A record! And a wonderful conversation. I love you Mom. You are amazing!


*It's fall. A lot of leaves are on the ground and I can walk through and crunch them! Some trees are still green and changing color.

*I took a walk yesterday and it was beautiful. AND I wore my cute knit hat my roommate got me and a new cashmere scarf. I felt very fall-ish.

*I got to visit with one of my best friends-Shawna-yesterday and I just don't know what I'd do without her.

*Michael Bublé's new CD is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I'm in love.

*Tim McGraw has a new CD out!!!

*The Celtics opening night is next Wednesday as well as BYU's Mens basketball team. I can't wait. Jimmerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!


*Tomorrow is Saturday and I'm wicked excited.

2 comments:

Jean said...

i love you i love you i love you

~~~~ said...

The only reason I go to BYU basketball games is to say Jimmer Fredette's name over and over.