Monday, February 22, 2010

Spring Cleaning

You know it's a problem when you are so stressed out that you make yourself physically ill. Yup, that would be the genius redhead right here. No pneumonia. No bronchitis. Just good 'ole stress wreaking havoc on my poor body.

Good grief I am ridiculous sometimes.

But the good news is, I've rid my life of the horrible situation that was causing me physical anguish. ABOUT time. As a result, all of the sudden I feel back in control and that makes me feel

i
ncredible
.

CONFIDENT.

H ! A ! P ! P ! Y !

.....elated.....

P u M p E d

!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EXCITED !!!!!!!!!!!!!

And lately I've been thinking about the future and what I really want to do. It's RATHER exciting!!!!!! I mean, I really can do anything.
{I know, I know....I've discussed this before but things change, epiphanies happen, and you don't really have to keep reading if you don't want to! I'm just sayin.... }

So I called my mom today, for about the 4th time in 2 days. I just needed to run a few ideas by her and seeing that she has successfully raised 3 children by herself, is insanely talented, and therefore veeeeery wise (among a plethora of other things), I was seeking her advice and thoughts about my plans. Let's break it down for you.

April 5th: The day I find out if I have got or have not gotten an internship (I know, I lied. I talked about internships but only the date! Come on!). Also the day I can finally press the "PLAY" button for my life. {Pause} really is quite annoying after awhile.

April twenty-something: I graduate. ABOUT TIME. I am SO ready to be done! Hence why I don't even know the date; I just know that I'm almost doneeeeeee!!!!

Plans for the summer: Not go home. Scary, but exciting. I told my mom that I think it's time for me to move out and move on and she was COOL with that! I know, I know, you think she'd want me out of the house or something like 10 years ago! WOO! This is exciting. Spending the summer with a TON of friends. I foresee work (.....) and LOTS of fun! WAHOOOO!!!!!

June something: I fly home to see my brother, one of my best friends in the whole entire world, who I have not seen in 2 years. Am I excited? Like no amount of words will EVER describe! I am BEAMING thinking about it! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!

Future:

?

Goals:
1. Become an RD. If I don't get an internship this year, no big deal. I've got other plans (keep reading...). But I refuse to turn 25 without at least being in the middle of my internship, which means I will (never underestimate my determination) be an RD by the time I'm 26.

2. Go to culinary school. I'm actually very serious about this. So I started looking at schools in Boston, San Diego, Seattle, basically wherever tickles my fancy because I can do whatever I want. I don't really want to make it a career, just want to know and use it to supplement my dietetics degree and knowledge. I'm thinking patisserie and baking because that's my love. Cooking....fun. Baking....LOVE it. Runs in my blood. Plus my family (and me and my sweet teeth) will be pleasantly satisfied with all the sweet (pun intended) things I'll be able to whip up. THINK of the cool birthday cakes my kids are going to have. You have no idea. PLUS someday if my mom decides to open up her bakery (DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!), I can help out. DUDE! WICKED COOL.
All I ask is that you keep the fondant to a minimum. I know, I know, it's great to decorate and stuff with but really? It's just sugar. Bring on the buttah!!!! And chocolate. Oooooh buttercream frosting. Delish.


3. Take some classes on photography. This is more of a hobby. Yeah I know, me and about 498,000 people. Whatever. I don't care. I love it. I may even get a degree in it. I told you I loved learning...
Yes I took this...at night. Cool huh? I love flowers.

4. Get a MS in Journalism. I think this may be the hardest for me because I don't have a Bachelors or even a minor in English or Journalism but it's also my passion. I love to write. Can't stop me.

4.5 If I don't get an MS in Journalism, I at least want to take some legit classes on it and....

5. Write a children's book.

So those are my goals for now. And somewhere in there is marriage and kids but while I'm single, baby you better believe I'm L I V I N it up!

Now pardon me while I come down from my ecstatic floating to get back to studying....drats.

P.S. I am currently in love with John Mayer (Heartbreak Warfare) and Nick Jonas (Who I Am). I direct you to my playlist to tune in. Love it. Chills. Smiles. Happiness. Ok, Ok I'll go study (ha! Or watch the Olympics. I'm supporting my country! I should get an A just for that).

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Gabe, Shawna told me that next June was going to be your date... yeah? Also, if you end up in San Diego this June, you so have to come to my wedding. I love you, Gabe Babe!
-Ashley