Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Hunger Games

I have a confession. I love the series "The Hunger Games."

I was a bit skeptical of them because it's a sci-fi, apocalyptic book and science fiction isn't my first choice. But then....

...I went to Provo a few weekends ago, picked up my roommate's copy and I cruised, I mean CRUISED, through the first book. I couldn't put it down. I started the second one but could not finish it in time!!!! TORTURE! Absolute torture!!! So when I got back to the place I'm staying, I requested the second book from the library and just picked it up Monday. I finished it this morning. Her books are addictive. I mean you have to know what is going to happen! And you know how some books end with a satisfying but still-craving-for-more cliff-hanger? Not these books. They are brutal, cruel cliff-hangers! It's like she just chopped off the story. She's good.

But don't worry, I've already pre-ordered (at a steal of a price thank you Wal-Mart!) the third book, Mockingjay, which sadly doesn't come out until the end of August. I HAVE to know what will happen. I checked the waiting list for it at the Tucson public library. 271 holds. That will not do. So, I shall await my own copy. Hooray! Go read the first two. They are good.

3 comments:

Je.suis.Steph said...

I know! We thought the exact same thing when we read them. I'm preordering one for us as well :)

Ashley said...

Thank you for writing this. We went and immediately pre-ordered through Wal Mart also. I. Can. Not. Wait.

Christa said...

Great books. I am so excited for the next one to come out! I hope everything is going well for you!