Monday, November 8, 2010

Huh.

Well sad day no Dr. McSteamy sightings at all last week or today. Bummer. How boring. I'm still hoping he's on vacation, or at a conference or something. Silly I know but can't I have a little bit of ridiculous fun!?!? I really hope he comes back. It's just so fun. A bit of a little thrill.

But in VERY EXCITING NEWS I finished (and passed) my ICU rotation and now am on to do 6 weeks of staff relief and then....I. AM. DONE. with clinicals... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also I randomly got an e-mail from Columbia School of Journalism and then my wheels started turning. Maybe I'll get a MS in Journalism. How cool would that be!? I'd love to write a column with dietetics. Legit. Also awesome. Also one of my dreams. We'll see. I'm kind of burnt out with the whole school thing. But writing is so fun!!!! But....this may have to wait. But it definitely made me happy to see that e-mail waiting for me. I love dreaming.

Also I seem to have found myself in a situation that is both incredibly frustrating and exhilarating because it's, well, challenging. I have a dear friend struggling to find herself, to dig herself out of a pit, to make sense of her life and basically find direction. It is truly heartbreaking to watch someone struggle and yet so frustrating trying to help someone, trying to fix things for someone but knowing that I can't because they have to want to do it themselves and believe in it. It's truly a test of patience, in them and in myself, and compassion. It's also a test of endurance because there are some days when I just want to throw in the towel and quit trying to help but that wouldn't be very wise now would it? Aw life. What a thrill.

No comments: