Sunday, January 22, 2012

IT'S NO GOOD!!!!!

"With the Patriots leading by 3 points with 11 seconds left, Billy Cundiff missed a 32-yard field goal attempt and the Patriots escaped with a 23-20 win Sunday in the AFC championship game." -espn.com

My reaction...

And now we're heading to the Superbowl. 
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm pretty sure that if my neighbor was home during the last 5 minutes of the game, he might be thinking I'm at little odd considering I was screaming with delight, squealing, and giggling. Not to mention my heart was pounding, adrenaline surging through my veins, and I was going nuts running between the TV and the kitchen (making cookies--see below), texting 3 different people, and praying and pleading that our defense would hold off the Ravens. Success. Luck. I love football. LOVE IT. I love sports. Especially when my teams play in nail-biting, heart-pounding games like that. Way to go Patriots! I need to find some fellow Pats fans to watch the Superbowl with. Or fly home...

So today was the first time I used my snazzy orange KitchenAid. And I used it to make my signature chewy chocolate chip cookies. 



Except.
I forgot to purchase vanilla when I went grocery shopping and even though the recipe only called for a teaspoon, I could taste the difference. But the cookie I tried was yummy. Getting used to a new oven was interesting because usually this delectable treat only takes 8-10 minutes to bake and it actually took about 15 minutes. Aw well. 

Also I have a candy drawer. I am establishing this as a tradition in my home and future homes. This drawer really only looks like a gum drawer at the moment but that's because I ate the red vines, most of the Starbursts, and the chocolate is in the freezer. 

Song of the weekend: "Let Go" by Safetysuit (one of my favorite bands and they just released a new album!). Go youtube it! Sweet beat, cool voice. Go! Go! 

No comments: