Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Haha ok so get this. I went in to educate a patient who had just gotten out of knee surgery. I educated him and we chatted and I asked if there was anything else I could do or get for him before I left. He said, "Yes. Will you be my Valentine?" Cheeky me, I replied, "Yes....But do you have chocolate?" He did but I was just being fresh. It was amusing. Except he had chocolate covered raisins. Oooooh temptation!!!! 

So, here is my favorite Valentine's Day date story:
It was my senior year at BYU and my friend Dan (whom I called Dashby) asked me on a date. Now let me tell you a little about Dashby. He's so cool. He plays guitar solo and in a band, is hilarious, down-to-earth, from San Fran, sports fan, cheeky, sarcastic, pretty chill, and we just have a lot in common, both in our interests, hobbies, and our personalities. So, needless to say, we got along pretty well and I just think he's awesome. Oh, and, the first time I went snowboarding, I went with him and a bunch of our friends (all of whom are pretty DANG good at boarding). Now, I hadn't been snowboarding in practically a decade so really I had no idea what I was doing. Dan stayed with me as I s-l-o-w-l-y worked my way down the mountain, which took me about 45 minutes. Awwwww nice guy isn't he??? Yup. Most definitely. That's Dan. So, now that you have been sufficiently prepped out how awesome he is:

He brought me a flower!!! A plush rose, which I still have. Precious! Then we went to this Greek restaurant near the dollar theatre in Provo. Hahahahah! Oh gosh. Hahah Dan told me to not look at the cashier guy in the eye because...he gave me some story about how he was Polish or Russian or something and how it was bad luck or something bad would happen. I clearly don't remember but to humor him and the situation, I wouldn't make eye contact with the guy, which probably weirded him out and it was hilarious. In my defense, the guy was a little sketch and creepy. It could just be that it was all in my head from Dan's story...Dan couldn't believe I did it. The food was excellent and my first exposure to Greek food (and ever since then I have been a HUGE fan). Then we went to Shopco (I think that's the name) next door and walked around and were being silly. In fact, I'm pretty sure one of the associates was following us around. Just to prove to Dan that she was, we tested out some of the furniture, checked out the kitchen supplies, and walked to random areas of the store and the associate was definitely following us. We were those people! It was fun! Then we went back to his apartment and we made bottle rockets by putting rolls of Mentos into liter bottles of Coke, shaking them up, and throwing them on the street to watch them explode. AWESOME!!!!! Then some obnoxious idiots drove by and were throwing water at us. Mature. College kids...geez. Anyway, it was awesome. Top notch date and the best Valentine's Day date yet. Ladies and Gents, I give you....my dear friend Dan:
                               
 Stud. This is my favorite picture of him. 
I do have some pretty awesome guys in my life.

So, hope you had/are having a wonderful day! I'm off to join my girls for our outing to the movies (and maybe ice cream!??!?) Xoxo! 

No comments: