Friday, February 3, 2012

It's Friday??? Already??

Wasn't it just Friday? This week flew by! Wow! I'm done with my official training. Dun dun dun. Monday I fly solo. Actually today I flew solo and it went pretty well so here's hoping Monday goes well (and every day after that!).


I passed Dr. W in the stairwell today. He told me he had to report to my boss. I did not know this. Oh boy. Ooooh boy. Then he told me he was going to tell her he was very pleased with my work and that I had done a very nice job so far. My response, in true uper-excited Gabe form "REALLY?!?!" SCORE!!!!! He laughed at me, made a sarcastic remark about me being an iffy hire and then told me to have a good weekend and Go Patriots! On Thursday during our staffing meeting, Dr. W was talking about Kevin Youkilis, from my beloved Red Sox, and then mentioned something about the Yankees so I asked him if he was a Yankees fan. He couldn't the get words, "ABSOLUTELY NOT" out of his mouth fast enough. Once again, did I mention Dr. W is awesome? I'm a fan.


So let's talk about what's on for this weekend shall we?
Tonight: Date night. I'm going on a triple blind date! The other couples are my new friends Derek and Ashley, and Ali and Dave and they are some of the coolest people I have met and I'm a) excited to go on a date, and b) excited to hang out with them. I'm being set up with Derek's friend and old roommate. I suspect loads of fun and I'm wicked excited!!!!!!!!!!

Saturday: Sleeping in. Can I just tell you how wonderful is has been to sleep through the entire night the past 2 days? I am one very happy and well rested girl right here. Grocery shopping....yaaaah! Food :) Ingreds for pretzels and maybe homemade snickers bars, or I might just make more no back oatmeal peanut butter cookies since I'm currently on a wicked peanut butter kick. Dinner tonight was a toasted PB + banana sandwich. Oh yummmmmm. Cleaning. Running. Probably a visit to the library. THEN. I'm joining Ali, and maybe Ashley and Derek, to watch Dave's basketball team. Fun Fact. Dave played for Carolina Coastal and now coaches/plays. Another fun fact. I was torn between asking him what his position was and not asking because he's like 6'4 so I assumed forward. No, no Gabe. He was a guard. I forget that as you move up towards the pros, the centers/forwards are usually 6'11 or something. What? They look so small on TV!!! Anyway. Basketball? Friends? HECK YES! Again, I'm wicked excited. 

Picture from here 

Sunday: Church and then....SUPERBOWL SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been invited to cheer on the Patriots with my fellow dietitians and I'm stoked. 


Off to get dolled up for my date. Ciao! 
GO PATRIOTS!!!!

No comments: