Tuesday, February 21, 2012

This is what I'm doing....

....sitting at my table sipping herb tea (that Vanilla Sleepytime stuff actually is making me sleepy. Or maybe it's the sleep deprivation) and munching on a few Rolos, editing my fancy schmancy Professional Dietetic Development Portfolio, and youtubing/listening to music. I'm contemplating cracking open my ASPEN book to read up a little on kidney disease and liver failure. I know, you're jeal aren't you? I  find this stuff fascinating, actually, and you know, helpful for when I'm administering a little MNT and TLC to my patients. That was so cheesy I'm gagging...giggling, but gagging. (MNT=medical nutrition therapy; did you know some dietitians actually prefer to be called medical nutrition therapists? It's kind of a mouthful but it sounds pretty cool, don't you think?) 
Speaking of YouTube and YouTube adventures: If you've never heard of The Piano Guys, you should go YouTube them. You will not be disappointed at all. They are fantastic. Additionally, Jon Schmidt's (one of the Piano Guys) son wrote and composed a pretty sweet song called "Bittersweet." I'm smitten. Give me a guy with a guitar, a good voice, and a serenade, and I would surely melt. Oh and by the way, I was on a Whitney Houston kick last night and I typed in "I Will Always Love You" in YouTube and I could not find the video!!!! Any video! None! It's not there. I suspect that it's been disabled or something for fear the YouTube as we know it might crash or something. Not a fan YouTube. Not. A. Fan. Way to rob me of my Whitney Houston experience. 


But really what I want to be doing and what I am secretly doing in my head all week is:
                
Photo from here
Pouting, and stomping around my apartment chanting, 
"I want to go home! I want to go home!" 
I am in need of some TLC from my mama, snuggling with my schnauzer, laughing with Dane, and a lovely dose of New England. Unfortunately the airlines don't seem to empathize with my needs--I know, how rude!--or the fact that I have a very long weekend  ahead and I'm not quite sure what to do with all of this time off. Explore, weather permitting. I was considering Charleston but maybe I'll wait until I can go with someone who knows the area. I might get together with some girlfriends and do something. Who knows. 


In other news: I'm getting sushi tomorrow after work. My first sushi experience in Myrtle Beach. Woo woo! 
It's 9:02pm and I've been ready for bed since 6pm. Good night. 

No comments: