Sunday, May 20, 2012

Pardon My Absence

I'm been slacking. I'm sorry. 
This week has been absolutely dreadful.

For reasons too complicated and wicked stupid to explain, one of our dietitians was whisked away to help another hospital in our region leaving us short-handed. So 2 dietitians were doing the work of 3. Now let me just tell you, our job entails far more than just handing out nutritional supplements and slapping the wrists of non-compliant diabetics (that was slapstick sarcasm if you missed it...), FAR MORE. I don't really want to explain because I'm tired of thinking about work but this truly has been a 60-hour work week AND I had to work yesterday. After we checked in and had our pile of patients to see, I sat at my desk for 10 minutes, no joke, and tried to motivate myself. I had no desire to work yesterday. Alas, my legs stood me up and I walked out and saw all of my patients. It was a long day. One of my patients is very, very, very sweet and calls me Julia Roberts, but she is very, very needy and so I spent 45 minutes talking with her. It was worth it. I don't regret it because she needed to talk and sometimes you have got to do what you have got to do, but it was a long day. Sometimes patients (including this patient) just need to put in a little bit of effort to get better. All of our pro-nutrition doctors (which I love and am grateful for, don't get me wrong) appear to be on-call this week so we've gotten a bazillion consults. Vent second: can I just say thank you Dr. for NOT READING MY NOTE WHICH SIGNIFIES I AM ALREADY SEEING THE PATIENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Thus, I do not need another consult. I'm on it. Got it. Already done. One step ahead of you. Jeepers. So basically I got home from work late everyday exhausted and frustrated. You know it's been a long week when my colleague, who usually handles stress very well, was ready to throw the towel in. I'm never seen her so exhausted and overwhelmed. 

In other news....
I house/dogsat this weekend (another reason for my absence). It was fun. I'm even more excited for Scotty's arrival. Albeit, it's like having a child and that kind of freaks me out but it's ok. It'll be ok (*gulp* Right? RIGHT??). I missed my bed though. I did not sleep well and so despite going to bed early every night (a miracle! Cue angelic choir!), I tossed and turned. I woke up this morning and was unable to turn my head from side to side; you know how horrid that is, right? It's awful. I felt like I had a neck brace on. I've loosened up a little over the day but it kills.

My plants are looking gorgeous. My chocolate mint has exploded and smells heavenly. I'm so excited. See? Neat huh!?
Clary will be here on Thursday. FINALLY. I cannot wait to see her. I cannot wait to have this girl here and to just talk and laugh and giggle and go on adventures and eat sushi and cook for her and everything. I cannot wait. I cannot wait. I CANNOT WAIT. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally, I may have found a new dress for some upcoming weddings next month. This is a big deal. Like I've said approximately 359 times, I do not enjoy clothes shopping, about 88% of the time. AND I ordered it offline from a company I've never tried before and we all know that's etch-a-sketch. I love the dress but, it must be best-friend approved. I'm in love with it so hopefully Clary thinks it looks good. We'll see on Thursday!!! Time to Skype with Clary and make more gnocchi (maybe...) and take a nap (want to) and read (likely) and maybe watch Gilmore Girls. Whatever I do, I'm veggin'. This week was the pits.

P.S. Have you head of Jabari Parker???? He's, you know, only the biggest high school basketball sensation right now. And he's Mormon, like me. Read about him here (love Sports Illustrated!)

1 comment:

Jenna said...

I hope this week goes better for you!