Thursday, June 21, 2012

Quick update

I (successfully) ran 6 miles this morning (my long run of the week) at an 9:25 pace (I'm getting faster!!!), which means I've ran a grand total of 16 miles this week...and the week isn't over! AND I'm feeling pretty good. I'm hoping to do a nice long run of 7 miles next week. Yikes. I have to take it a day at a time or freak myself out. Well, really I just freak my legs, knees, hips, and lungs out and that's never a good thing...
I feel a smidge more confident about his half marathon business.


I'm listening to old school Backstreet Boys. Good stuff. Sometimes (or everyday) I get really annoyed with the radio for playing the same 12 songs over and over and over and over and over and over again. If I hear "Call Me Maybe" or "Somebody that I Used to Know" one more time, I'm throwing the radio out the window.  


So, I was home for my youngest brother's graduation. 
He is a stud. 
I'm so proud of him.
It was the bees knees to be home, if only for a veryshort few days. I can't wait for Christmastime.

Next I traveled to California for my mom's wedding.
  

No I did not take any photos of the actual wedding. There were already 2 people taking pictures and I wanted to chat, mingle, and enjoy myself. My new step-siblings are HILARIOUS, awesome, and fabulous. It's like having Heath's humor infused in several people. DELIGHTFUL. I got to have some heart to heart talks with them and it was great. 
I love them all. 

In 30 minutes I will be on my way to the airport for Heath's, my other brother, wedding.
Their invitation was absolutely wonderful and they got bonus points for addressing the envelope to "The Ginge" (my family nickname). 

I'm really excited for this wedding. 

Then next week Scotty arrives. I had a panic attack two nights ago because I don't know that I am ready and prepared for him but, I guess it's kind of like having your first baby: you figure it out as you go. I hope he likes it here. 

And then I have my final wedding of the summer in Tucson. Honestly, I wasn't sure how excited I was to be going back to Tucson but after I purchased my ticket, I got a burst of excitement. Hopefully it's a good time. Of course it will be! A wedding, the union of my fantastic friend Sarah and her perfect fiance Steven, in which my best friend Clary and I get to be bride's maids; getting to hang out with Clary; and getting to catch up with Caitlin and Heather, 2 of the fabulous girls I completed my internship with. I love that we all still stay in touch. I miss these girls like crazy. Nothing like 10 months of hell to create, strengthen, and fortify friendships. No but really, I wouldn't have survived without HD, C-Griff, and JFu. I can't wait to see them. 

I gotta make sure I have everything. Off to the airport! 
(I'm hoping we have time to see the new flick "Brave" tomorrow. I. CANNOT. WAIT. to see this movie. It may be my favorite Pixar film to date. The fact that it's about a sassy, independent redhead may or may not be a key factor...)

It was absolutely darling. Go read it. 

Ok, ok. Now I'm REALLY off to make sure I have everything! 

No comments: