Sunday, September 2, 2012

Mmm pizza. It's what's for dinner.

I love Italian food.
It's my fav. Especially pizza, and I don't mean Papa John's or Domino's or Pizza Hut. No.

So I found this recipe a while back and decided after my adventures and sweet finds at the farmer's market that my peaches were destined to become part of a pizza. And that day was today. It was grand. 

I improvised a bit and added some strawberries because I bought some a few days ago and I'd hate for them to get moldy (because that happens to me a lot. What a waste!). 

So the final product was *ehem*:
Whole wheat pizza dough (premade, I cheated but...it was worth it. Thin crust too, my fav!) topped with a little olive oil. 
Layered with mozzarella cheese and goat cheese. 
Topped with peaches and strawberries and sprinkled *fresh* basil (from my plant!).
Drizzled with balsamic vinegar .

(Are you drooling yet because I am just typing this and I've already eaten some)


Ohmagosh.
It was SO good. 
Salty. Sweet. Savory. Crunchy. Soft. 
It was the best party my mouth has ever experienced to date.

I will be making these, and variations of it, again. It was so easy and very, very, very good.

And I have compiled a list of "fall" recipes for my fall challenge, which is to prepare one entree and one dessert each weekend beginning (tentatively) the last week in September. My (tentative) plan:

Entrees: 
-Spaghetti squash
-Pumpkin oatmeal
-Pumpkin waffles/pancakes
-Butternut squash with rosemary and balsamic vinegar
-Butternut squash bisque
-Sweet potato soup
-Barley risotto with butternut squash and sage

Desserts:
-Pumpkin scones
-Pumpkin frozen yogurt
-Pumpkin whoopie pies
-Mini pumpkin pies
-Pumpkin snickerdoodles
-Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
-Pumpkin spice sugar cookies

I know. There's going to be a lot of orange in my kitchen this fall. I can't wait!!! CLEARLY I am dying for fall. It was 94 degrees today. Blah.

I discovered, thanks to Pandora, some "new" artists and songs. I'm digging Al Bowlly and Ray Noble (they are legit jazz from the 30s and 40s) and a few new (to me) Nat King Cole songs. Gosh I love the 1930s-50s. I just read a book, "Vintage Affair" by Isabel Wolff. It was a fun, easy read and the main character owns a vintage clothing store. So cool. Now I want to find vintage dresses from the 50s. 

Oh and One Republic's new song "Feel Again" is excellent. Go listen to it. And I can't wait to see the movie "Pitch Perfect" next month. Go youtube Pitch Perfect riff off. 

No comments: