Monday, March 17, 2014

St. Patty's Day...kind of.

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Confession. I didn't wear green today. On the rare occasion that I come up with a cute outfit, I have to go with it (because I can wear scrubs to work and trust me, if I had more than 2 pairs, I'd wear them EVERY. DAY). So I decided to actually try to look put together (curse working in a department of all women who dress up). As a result I got pinched even after trying to explain that because I have Irish blood, I should get a free pass from pinching (Dude. Hello. Red hair and freckles. Need I say more? Well. Apparently that's not good enough. Lame). 

Also I realized that I didn't have any idea what I was making for dinner tonight. I mean I have about a zillion dinner ideas pinned on Pinterest but nothing "St. Patty's Day" appropriate. And, I don't do corned beef and cabbage. I am just not a huge fan. So I was zipping through Pinterest seeing what everyone else had pinned and whattayaknow but sister pinned shamrock pasta with pesto (thanks B!). GENIUS. So I decided spinach pasta with pesto and chicken topped with fresh parmesan cheese it would be! Friends. The smell of pesto. That aroma. Oh yummmmmm! So my impromptu-thrown-together dinner actually turned out well. And can I just say how much I love garlic bread? Holy catscans I could've eaten the whole loaf by myself. Whoever thought of garlic bread, thank you, you rock my taste buds's world.

I needed a break for a few minutes today and googled miniature schnauzer puppies for sale and I found THIS ADORABLE guy. For sale. In San Antonio!!! Have I mentioned how badly I want a miniature schnauzer?

OHIWANTHIM!!!!!!!!!! I died from his cuteness. I just want to squeeze him he's SO cute!!!


*sigh* Anyway.
Last Monday I came home from work early because I felt horrible. I was reading up on some blogs I hadn't read in a while and I happened to be reading this post from NieNie where she talks about comfy, soft leggings from The Jean Girl and I don't know if it was the cold medicine or the exhaustion but I decided to check it out and all of the sudden I realized that I had bought leggings. What? Here's the thing. Crazy, patterned leggings are a stretch for me. Women who wear them amaze me because I just think it's too much for me. I tend to keep my style conservative. But since I've gotten married I have discovered I'm a little more bold and risk taking with clothes. I guess being married gives me confidence. So when I got home I had a lovely package waiting for me! 
NO joke. They are WICKED comfortable. As in I could wear these 24/7. I even made Mark feel them. So I bought them with the intent that I could work out in them, ya know like yoga, but I think they may also be my new favorite lounge-wear. I don't know if I'm brave enough to wear them out. Yet. Or ever. I just don't know. I mean what shirt do I wear? And what shoes? Friends I'm not a fashionista. I guess I can go google what to wear with leggings. I mean do you dress them up? Heels, really? Really? Eh...I don't know. But anyway, I'm so in love I bought--eh hem--3 more pairs. Check them out. You won't be disappointed. 

 Next.
For Christmas I got Mark a drawing table. Mark is an INCREDIBLE artist. He's drawn me a few pictures and they are amazing (and I have several more for him to draw; I keep him busy!). He's too modest about it and far too critical of his work, but he's truly talented! So I walked into the room to see what Mark was doing and he was sketching away. I love to watch him draw. Oddly, I find it very relaxing. And cool to see him at work. 

Off to bed! Cheers!

No comments: